Ps3 Digital Audio Out Not Playing Stereo Sound Playstation 3 Does Not Output True Digital Audio With Hdmi Using My Onkyo Receiver?

Playstation 3 does not output true digital audio with hdmi using my onkyo receiver? - ps3 digital audio out not playing stereo sound

I bought a new Onkyo 705, HDMI video and audio. but my ps3 does not play the digital audio hook truth, unless an optical cable. I know that my Xbox 360 and the satellite receiver to the receiver and connected via HDMI and Dolby 5.1-me humans. I checked the audio settings on the PS3, I have Dolby 5.1 to be useful, but is always in stereo through my sound system, any advice?

2 comments:

R "n" D said...

Make sure the HDMI cable is a Sony 1.3 ..

Or try a different HDMI port to connect to. If you are on my Onkyo HDMI is not compatible with HDMI 1.2 or 1.3, then you are SOL unless you are using composite cables, as with the 360th

df747jet said...

The PlayStation 3 is the output 7.1 surround sound via HDMI and 5.1 through optical.

Make sure that the PS3 update to the latest system software. To do this, connect the PS3 to the Internet and go to Settings> System Update.

Connect your PS3 Onkyo via HDMI, then select Settings Sound Settings> Audio Output Settings> HDMI> Automatic.

Note that only the elite, HDMI 1.2, not 1.3, like the PS3. So the elite only 5.1-channel surround sound and 1080i.

Post a Comment